Read in English only
This summer, the world awaits and you and your motorcycle as you explore the open road in front of you. Make sure you have everything you need and then some to not only look great when you’re on the seat of the bike, but to ensure your safety as you go on that next wild ride.
What to Wear
The best way to stay safe when you’re cruising down the open road on your bike is to dress the part. Here are a few of the pieces to don before you get on your motorcycle:
- A Good Jacket – A good men or womens motorcycle jacket will protect your arms in the event of an accident. Don’t skimp on the jacket just because it’s a little warm outside – you could regret it later.
- A Helmet – Statistics show that wearing a helmet can safe your life if you’re involved in a motorcycle accident. Get one that fits securely on your head for maximum protection.
- Leather gloves – Gloves are vital to every motorcycle ride. If you fall of your bike, it’s likely you’ll extend your hands, and your gloves will be there to provide an additional layer of protection.
- Boots – Get a pair that extends over your ankle for full leg protection. When you put them on, make sure they’re sturdy and that you can get on and off your bike easily while wearing them.
- Pants – Whatever you do, don’t ride around on your bike in a pair of shorts. Jeans don’t offer enough protection either, so plan on investing in a true pair of motorcycle pants.
Keep all these pieces handy, so whenever the mood to jump on your bike for a ride strikes, you’re ready to go.