How to store (and not lose) bobby pins – that’s a question that’s haunting every girl (and boy) with long hair. Hair accessories are a pain to store in general, but hair pins take the trouble to a whole new level. As to myself – I resorted to cuteness, particularly cat cuteness in a form of this adorable storage tin – because even when there’s just a single pin left (and you wonder where the hair pin black hole is), you still won’t be able to help it & smile at the cats with umbrellas & handbags duo.
I’ve tried so many ways of hoarding hair pins & grips in once place – but with no luck! I attempted to leave them on a tiny decorative saucer. I tried to keep the piece of card board they come with and pin them to it after every use (that lasted for about a day). Even tried to have a separate section for them in my make-up drawer – nope, none of it worked for me. What is the secret of how not to lose them all then?
- Place the tin/container in eyes’ level
- It has to be easy to open/close it
- Preferably use one with a lid so your hair pins don’t gather dust
- Place it in a place where you frequently revisit – your bathroom counter, vanity table
- Every time you put a bobby pin on a shelf/table/chair/bathroom sink/anywhere where it’s not meant to be – try to make the conscious effort of getting up and putting it into it’s real storage place
- Don’t throw your pins into your handbag just like that – have a separate pouch for them, or at least throw them into your make-up bag!