I’m so not a backpack person. I always thought that backpacks make me look like a 6 year old on their first day of school. But then at the age of 30 my whole life changed – I found a backpack I loved! To celebrate this memorable occasion I’d like to show you what I carry around on the weekend when I venture to the city centre of Prague for a stroll.
What’s in my backpack?
This girl who used to be down for her Mary Poppins bags doesn’t carry all that much with her these days. What are you going to find in my backpack on a weekend Prague stroll?
- a card holder: For years I’ve been carrying just a card holder on me – what’s a purse even? My Kate Spade baby fits everything I need – even a couple of USEM cards with shopping and to do lists for the day
- headphones: I don’t like it when people talk to me on the tram so I just put them in and pretend I’m listening to that old Linkin Park album
- a book: ALWAYS. I’ve challenged myself to read 10 books a month in 2020, there’s no time to spare.
- a camera & a spare film: I love taking photos on old school cameras and in 2020 I want to learn how to use film cameras properly, so I welcome every opportunity to take a snap!
- a lipstick: Because even if you’re having a no makeup day, you do need lipstick, right?
- vintage photos: I have a massive collection of vintage pre-1900 photographs so regularly pop into second hand book shops to see if they have any beautiful ones in stock. They also make for a gorgeous unique souvenir from your travels.
- a cotton tote bag: I always carry one so I don’t have to buy paper or plastic bags for my grocery shopping.
Where’s my beautiful backpack from?
She’s a beaut, isn’t she? It’s a Gaston Luga Clässy – a 13l backpack that’s super light weight (sometimes I have to double check I have it on my back, it’s THAT light) and it fits everything perfectly – from my cameras to my books and even my mac laptop! The quality of the bag is absolutely top notch, I’ve been wearing it every day over the past two weeks and it’s seen zero wear and tear.
Gaston Luga is a Swedish backpack brand which focuses on sustainability, functionality but also beautiful French-inspired design of backpacks. They offer various sizes (from a mini Clässy to an 18l Pråper) in a couple of minimalist colour combinations. You can find all their gorgeous backpacks HERE.
A discount on your Gaston Luga backpack
The brand was kind enough to send me their backpack to try and they are also giving you a 15% off code for all your Gaston Luga purchases – just use CITYSCAPEBLISS at the checkout. The code is valid until 28th April but if you hurry and get yourself (or someone you love) a gift for this Valentine’s Day you’ll get another 10% off everything and free gift packaging and address tag with every backpack purchase.
Are you a handbag aficionado or are you a keen backpacker?